Thursday, April 9, 2009

SPRING IS BURSTING OUT ALL OVER!! (at last...)



We had a couple of very nice days this week. No snow, rain, sleet, slush or wind... The temperature was even somewhat warm...well for here anyways! Yesterday it was threatening to rain so the kids and I went out on a picture taking expedition to try and take some flower pictures around the neighborhood before the water turns all the flower petals into mush...

This photo was taken outside of our local school just up the street from us.


These grape hyacinths were growing wild in a lawn at a house a few doors down from the school. Dakotah really wanted to pick herself a bouquet but I talked her into leaving them there for others to enjoy as well.



The lady up at the corner had quite a few blooming beauties in her flower beds!


This stunning clump of daffodils was found on the corner of 23rd and Ninth Avenue...so very pretty!And then we walked home to our house...and yes...while I was snapping the photo, she finally succumbed and picked a flower...I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her holding just the head of the flower...and I wonder where she put it...I haven't seen it since now that I think of it!I see a little hand in this shot too...the temptation was just too much for her, I guess! LOL

My daffodils are now in full bloom too! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I love these photos! Dakotah is really growing fast.