Friday, October 23, 2009

Memories of Yesterday's Long Gone.....


Yesterday my friend Loretta took me on a field trip to downtown Vancouver. I will post more on that outing later but when I drove home from her house later in the day I passed my elementary school and thought to myself I should take a picture but alas it was traffic time and not great weather so I didn't stop. When I got to the next street, however, my memories got the best of me and I turned down and drove to the house I grew up in. It is the second house from the end of a cul de sac and I didn't want to appear like some kind of crazed stalker so I just took the one picture from the car. When we lived in this house, many decades ago, it was brand new. On the right hand side behind the tree branches is another window and that was my bedroom growing up. The tree that is blocking the window was a tiny shoot that became about 8 feet tall and resembled a Christmas tree by the time we moved...Look at it now!! The house looked so much bigger when I was little...funny how that works!

No comments: