Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A BIRTHDAY MILESTONE

November 16 marked a half a century since Papa was born. Being Papa, he did not want any fanfare, parties or anything to mark the occasion. He is not big on Birthdays, holidays or other occasions. He didn't even want to go out for dinner so the night before, (which technically is his birthday as he was born on the other side of the international dateline), I invited the kids to come for cake. He didn't know I was doing this and he took it rather well and opened his presents and sat with the kids to blow out the special candle and then retreated back downstairs to finish watching his football game on TV. I couldn't find a cake geared specifically for a 50 year old or even an adult birthday so I settled on the tropical one as Papa was born in the tropics...it is a cupcake cake...I had never bought one before...it is interesting how they made it.

1 comment:

Abatevintage said...

Oh what a fun birthday treat. I think that is great. What a great birthday cake, I love the palm trees.


Happy Holidays

♥´¨)
¸.+´¸.•*´¨) ¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥ Heidi ♥