Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest".

The task is to write an entry in 300 words or less to telling of your passions etc as an electrical storm will be wiping out the Internet possibly forever.

I have many passions, I like to sew...for dolls! I didn't have any girl children so I adopted a number of dolls (actually I have quite a family of them but I am not telling how many for fear you might thing I am crazy!) and I like to sew pretty things for them. Of course the styles I sew would probably not interest today's little girls in any case, as I love to make pretty and frilly things! Another passion of mine is to travel. I haven't gotten very far, but have spent many a happy hour...day....week... at Disneyland and I used to live in Hawaii. I also like to read, a lot. My favorite summer activities include worshipping the sun and gardening. If an electrical storm were to wipe out the Internet I would be kind of lost as I have made a lot of wonderful friends in far off places through the Internet. The Internet is a wonderful thing! It brings people together we would otherwise have never known. And it allows me to find all kinds of crazy things people are selling on on line sales sites. Things we just can't live without....potato chips with pictures of everything from Jesus to Jay Leno on them, Kleenex famous stars have wiped their faces with, old toys like smurfs and Care Bears and almost anything else you can think of and many things you never dreamed of!! I also like to take pictures and am in awe of the wonderful invention of digital cameras! Imagine taking as many pictures as you want and not having boxes of blurry, black pictures to go through!! Being able to view and discard the awful stuff is wonderful! So, in a nutshell, that is me!
If you too want to enter this contest, go and check it out at www.blogcontest.mabel.ca

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Good luck with the contest, Linda! Wouldn't it be wonderful if you won? You could also see NY! I love your blog header; it's so cute!!!!