Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhogs and Weather

From news1130's webmail: Shubenacadie Sam in Nova Scotia, Wiarton Willie in Ontario, and Punxsutawney Phil in Pennsylvania all predict six more weeks of winter. News1130 Meteorologist Russ Lacate says a groundhog in the lower mainland wouldn't see a shadow this morning - that means spring-like weather instead.

Well yeah!....spring like weather ahead is music to my ears. I have to be totally honest and say that today for the first time in what seems like forever, when I walked Dakotah to school I was TOO warm in my winter coat. Usually I am cold despite the winter coat.

The daffodil bulbs are getting higher also in my outdoor gardens. I am just keeping my eye on the lilac bush/tree in front of the house because when that starts to get little green buds, it means we are getting really close. Nothing yet though. The snow of yesterday never did materialize in my area. The grass is green and soggy and the roads wet and clear. It was coming down like crazy for a good part of the day yesterday but luckily it didn't stick.

No comments: