Thursday, August 20, 2009

Precious Moments and More

Minnie welcomed me to her house in Toontown! And I was happy to go in and have fun with all her interactive things inside!
The is the All-American College marching band
I always so enjoy seeing this very talented musicians.
I am not sure of this band leaders name but I have seen him many times over the years conducting the All-American College Band. From the website, this is what it says about the very talented group:
"This program has been a Disneyland Resort tradition since 1971 and gives top college musicians from all around the United States the opportunity to perform and learn about the entertainment industry first-hand through performance at a Disney Theme Park and clinics with world-renown artists and experiences in nearby Hollywood.
The 21-piece All-American College Band performs at the Disneyland Resort in California for eleven weeks each summer. If selected, you would perform five-days-a-week at Disneyland Park and attend daily clinics/rehearsals each morning. The daily performance schedule consists of five sets: one on stage in a big band/jazz format and the remaining four as a marching/show band." http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/other/collegeband/index.html
As a side note, I tired to find out the conductors name and I believe this is him...if I am wrong, please feel free to correct me, I think the band is under the direction of Dr. Ron McCurdy. Dr. McCurdy is currently Chairman of the Jazz Studies Department and Professor of Music in the Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California.


Precious Moments
The following group of photos is of the Precious Moments Figurines I looked at in one of the shops on Main Street. My daughter in law collects Precious Moments however they are all currently stored until the kids get a little older...or maybe a lot older...I thought I would take a few photos of these ones for her to look at.
To commemorate "It's A Small World"

This one is entitled "Where Dreams Come True"
To commemorate the tea cup ride in Fantasyland

Riding Dumbo!

The Sorcerers Apprentice

And who doesn't remember the catchy song "Come along and sing the song And join the jamboree! M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E" Above are two little Precious Moment Mouseketeer's

1 comment:

Marina Capano said...

Oh1 YES! I love Minnie´s home! it´s so cute!

great post!