Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama


Yesterday in the United States there was an inauguration for the 44th president. He is the first president of biracial/black heritage the United States has ever elected so it was an historic event. The new President has two darling little girls and apparently he was raised in Honolulu by his grandmother and went to Punahou School. In a funny coincidence, I did some quick mental calculations and I think he was probably going to that school around the time when I was caring for a young child who also went to that school and I picked her up following school each day. Who knows, I may have even seen the future President of the United States playing in the school yard when he was young!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Linda, that is so cool. Do you happen to have any photos of that school? Maybe President Obama is in the background? Now that would be a picture worth having! We live in a small world.